Sunday, February 4, 2018

Bohol - Tarsier Sanctuary



Ola, mi amigos! Como estas? I was about to post a second blog post in January, but when I got back to work, I got so busy! I was diagnosed with an ailment regarding my esophagus, so I was absent from work for six days (originally, the doctor wanted me to rest for two weeks but I need money). Who would've known it was because of an external infection turned to something drastic?

We were waiting for the rain to stop in Zoocolate Thrills. So we spent a mighty long time there, not because we were exploring and taking our time enjoying the animals, but because it was raining and we were riding a motorcycle. So Mark and I thought to ourselves that we wouldn't be able to reach Chocolate Hills on time because we didn't know what time they were closing (since it was already 4 in the afternoon!).

When we arrived at the Tarsier Sanctuary, there were so many tourists and they were mostly Asians! There were food stalls outside, selling Buko juice and junk foods. Since Mark and I were kinda full (because of the scrumptious meal we had back in Loboc river), we didn't stop for any.

The entrance fee was surprisingly affordable! It was only Php60.00; I was expecting it to be in the hundreds. When we went into the sanctuary, we were surrounded by trees and plants. I was already searching for one (since tarsiers are endangered species and I want to see them personally). A guide met us halfway as we strolled down the path. The guides will be showing you where the tarsiers are located. As we made stops because our guide was pinpointing each and every tarsier, I get to take lots and lots of photos. It was an honor to have seen them up close. I have to apologize in advance that the photos may be kind of grainy and dark, since we weren't allowed to use camera flashes.

We had a misconception regarding tarsiers all along. We initially thought that they are suicidal and sociable, but no. According to the guides, that is a really HUGE misunderstanding regarding tarsiers. Tarsiers are solitary and would love to have a home / habitat all to themselves. They would know where their home is since they would mark it with their scent (like dogs) and they are able to distinguish that a certain spot has been taken and wouldn't dare to steal it from a fellow tarsier. Also, according to them, if you see two tarsiers together in one "home," they are usually females and males. Luckily, I was able to take a photo of two tarsiers as we were nearing the exit. It was such a good find! ♥ God is good!

As you exit, you would pass a souvenir store filled with bags, pouches, keychains and many more all relating to tarsiers! Keychains would cost you around Php25.00 and bags would cost your around more or less Php150.00. Also, we found this snack composed of super worms. The staff said that it tastes like peas. It was expensive, around Php60.00. We wanted to buy and taste one just for the sake of thrills, buuuuuuuut both Mark and I backed out.

Until next time, loves!

Here is the summary of the places and their ranks so far. (1=being the highest; 6=lowest)

1.) Loboc River
2.) ???
3.) Zoocolate Thrills
4.) Tarsier Sanctuary
5.) Hinagdanan Cave
6.) Man-made Forest

Next post will be the last one of our Bohol adventure! ♥ Stay tuned!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs